Broadly, there are 3 kinds of residencies on offer.
These are located at the premises of AZIMVTH Ashram in Haridwar, India. There are 12 residency programmes from January to December. Across the year, various ancient Indian celebrations and observances happen in Haridwar. These become muse for themes for each month. A typical duration is 28 days, and shorter or longer stays are possible. A participant may join for a continuous block of 28 days, cutting across the months. Though, each month has a focus, almost all of the themes are available round the year.
All kinds of artists are invited to apply for all of the months.
- Ice Buckets & Plunges: Ringing in the Tamil Bell. 01 – 28 Jan 2018
- Shiva’s Tesseract: Writing De-Myth. 01 – 28 Feb 2018
- The Longest Poem: (& Colourful Equinox) by An Immortal Man. 01 – 28 Mar 2018
- Buddha Jumps Over the River: Kalki in 3378 A.D. 01 – 28 Apr 2018
- Messages and Songs: The Nobel-Pious Flowing Offerings. 01 – 28 May 2018
- Being announced 01 – 28 Jun 2018
- A River on Shoulders: Kanwar Pilgrimage. 01– 28 Jul 2018
- Sanskrit & Babylon: Inspirations from Languages, Art, Culture. 01 – 28 Aug 2018
- Death Enables Birth: The Drama of Earth. 01 – 28 Sep 2018
- Celebrations +++: Oktoberfest: Aachman of Celestial Ganges. 01 – 28 Oct 2018
- Wahe Movember!: Scribe’s Block Impressions. 01 – 28 Nov 2018
- Decemberists!: Margharita, With A Straw. 01 – 28 Dec 2018
For more information on Physical Residencies, please click here.
A participant may be located any where in the world. There are three virtual residency programmes that are available only virtually. There are specific themes. The duration is 14 days. A participant can apply to join for a block of any continuous 14 days across the year.
- Celestial Forest: Botanical Art. (Painting & Visual Arts)
- Travellers of the Inner Worlds: Spiritual Memoirs. (Creative Writing & Literary)
- Performing & Performance: Universal. (Music & Performing Arts)
For more information on Virtual Residencies programme, please click here.
These residencies have a special orientation. Presently, only 1 kind Special Residency is available – its for artist families having members numbering from 2 to 4.
- Families in India (2 to 7 days)
- Families outside India (approx. 28 days)
The tariff rate of fee for all of the 3 kinds of residencies is the same. For example, a typical fee for a 28 day programme is USD 1450 per person.
The rate of grants for all of the 3 kinds of residencies is the same. For example, typical grants, for a 28 day programme is USD 500 per person.