“The Yoga shall be given back to men,
The sects shall cease, the grim debates die out,
And Atheism perish from the earth
Blasted with knowledge, love and brotherhood
And wisdom repossess Sri Krishna’s world.”
Yoga, in its preliminary steps can be considered as a set of physical exercises, the Hatha Yoga. Next layer is that fluid movements. Appropriate breathing improves it further. Right chanting completes this basic level. However, this is only an interim step. Not thinking anything or at least thinking only one thing (eg., breathing regimen) brings it a step closer to meditation.
The word Yoga means fusion or Yoke.
In real terms, all life is Yoga.
At AZIMVTH Ashram, strong emphasis is laid on customisation and improvisation for each learner.
Following different activities are conducted –
Twice Daily, at Hours of Gods –
- Sun Salutatioines Yoga (Surya Namaskara)
- Breathing Yoga (Pranayama)
- Om Chanting Yoga (Udgita)
- Meditation (Dhyan)
- Sacred Alphabets
Once a Day –
- Spiritual Hymns (Sankirtan)
- Spiritual Discourse (Pravachana)
- Spiritual Discussion (Satsang)
- Supporting Individual Participant Specific Project(s)
Once a Week (need basis) –
- Divine Herbs-Medicine Counselling (Ayurveda)
Once a Week, Participant Specific –
- Day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit
- Half-day Long Guided & Curated Field Visit
- Feedback Session
Once a Month –
- Astrology discussion specific to an artist
Need Driven –
- Life Coaching
- Plan for future
Remote / Internet Based Ongoing Support
More information is at the following links within AZIMVTH website.
- Guru Purnima: The Guru at Full-Moon
- The Art in Kanwar – 1858 and 2017, Stanford University
- A River on Shoulders: Kanwar Pilgrimage
- A River on Shoulders: Circa 1823, 1858, and 2017 AD in Haridwar
- Kanwar Yatra: Ganges travelling from Haridwar, on shoulders, with prayers
- Charaiveti Mantra: For Walkers, Joggers, and, Movers & Shakers
- Walking is Meditation: Foot Pilgrimage of 5000 km from Istanbul to Haridwar
The Yoga of No-Moon-Night
During 2019, 03 June is the Amavasya or No-Moon-Night. 04 June is the New Moon when the new month starts. Yoginis and Yogis, on a No-Moon-Night, can do a special meditation – Jyoti Tratak Sadhna. Although having origins in Tantric path, that has similarities with occult traditions like Kabbalah, Tratak is widely accepted as a Kriya in mainstream Yoga practice. More information is here.
The Finishing School of Yoga
For information on the week long finishing course ‘My Yoga Intensive: Unanswered Questions of Yogi (ni) s’ please see here.