Encourage children for liberal arts, enjoy a learning vacation, away from pollution.
3 – 7 days
Banks of Ganges, foothills of Himalayas
250 km from New Delhi
Family size – 2 to 4 persons
Duration of art residency – 3 to 7 days
‘365 Haridwar’ is an international artist residency programme located inside a century old cluster of an Indian reformist tradition. 365 Haridwar aims to bring together ancient & future, global & local, and art & spirituality.
Artistic parents desirous of encouraging their children for liberal arts are invited as a family (2 – 4 persons). Children can immerse in typical Indian culture that will enrich their understanding. Parents will get to re-visit their own creativities.
The environmental pollution in Delhi and Indian metro cities impacts a 100 km radius. Though fog in north India is a natural welcome phenomenon, in cities during winter, it lingers 24 hours a day and for many weeks. At Haridwar, it is still natural – few hours a day for couple of weeks – and thus enjoyable.
Ganges flows about 100 m away from AZIMVTH. Rajaji National Park (with elephants, leopards etc.) in Himalayas is 4 km away.
- Visual art
- Sanskrit / Hindi
- Mixed media
- Picture books
- Photo essay
- Liberal arts
- Culinary art
- Visiting river, mountains
- Suggestions on visiting Rajaji National Park
- Visiting Ganges ghats,temples, ashrams
- Print media coverage
- Local music instruments
- Daily music coaching
- Visit by designer / tailor for hand-spun yarn and fabric
- Breath & Yoga training
- 1 en-suite room
- 1 studio
- Options to work at other cluster-locations
- 3 meals, 2 herbal tea + snacks
- Sachet tea/coffee 24 hrs
- Daily small basket of fresh flowers
- Towels, bedding
- 1 rope way trolly / rope-way / gondola ride to hill-peak
- 30 minute river cruise
- Chanting coaching
- Ayurveda doctor visit every 3rd day
- One Indian kurta (shirt) and pajama, made of hand spun khadi (cotton) tailored by residency designer / tailor.
ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR
- Special dietary requirements
- Art materials
- Internet usage
DRIVER / MAID / HELP
- Nominal fee for boarding / lodging of 1 accompanied help
Selection of the participant-family is made through an application form. Information is to be submitted for each participating member of an applicant-family.
- At least one child should be in the age-group 6 to 12 years
- At least one of the parents / legal guardian is to participate
- Other relations can also participate
- Minimum and maximum number of family-members who can participate are 2 and 4 respectively
- One driver / maid / help can join the family, besides four members, if absolutely needed.
- The minimum and maximum duration of residency for each family is 3 and 7 respectively.
- The focus of this residency programme is to encourage children to explore liberal arts and co-creating with their families.
- Each participating member is expected to create some sort of art-form
- The programme isn’t a pure touristic venture and it is expected that participants don’t consider this as just another week-end get-away.
It is important to note that there is a lot of flexibility. Applicants are encouraged to enquire and suggest any special requirements / modifications.
Please write to us a brief e-mail at azimvth (at) gmail (dot) com expressing an interest in applying and giving the dates / duration of your stay. Contact can also be made via the online contact-form available on our website under heading ‘Contact’ at the weblink –
More programmes relevant to children are listed below.
Artist Family in India
Residency titled ‘Children & Art, Escaping Pollution’ is of duration 3 to 7 days and is primarily meant for families living in India. More information is available here.
Artists with Children
Residency titled ‘Artists with Children’ is for longer durations and is meant for artists living outside and planning to visit India with children. More information is available here.
Amateur Sk – Etching
Children can be taught this fun art-project. More information is available here.
Schools in the East and the West
AZIMVTH Ashram strives to bring original spiritual arts to the mainstream education at Ph.D., graduate, as well as O, A, and all levels of schooling. More information is available here.