Broadly, there are 3 kinds of residencies on offer.
The 12 Physical Residencies programmes are located at the premises of AZIMVTH Ashram in Haridwar, India. Selected participants travel from any part of the world to Haridwar and reside at AZIMVTH Ashram at Haridwar in India.
There are 12 standard residency programmes from January to December. Across the year, various ancient Indian celebrations and observances happen in Haridwar. These become muse for themes for each month. We customise residencies to suit the needs of each selected artist. A typical duration is 28 days, and shorter or longer stays are possible. A participant may join for a continuous block of 28 days, cutting across the months.
Each month has a focus, yet almost all of the themes are available round the year. These 12 programmes are repeating every year from 2017 to 2020. Modifications are made every year.
The ancient Hindu traditions, observances, and festivals are based on a luni-solar almanac. Thus, the dates shift every year.
We select only those artists whose arts have some connection to spirituality. Due to the specific nature of our residencies we are particular about the artists. During the recent one-and-half years (July 2017 to December 2018), about 125 artists from the West have approached us. Only about 20 of these have been selected by us and have completed the residency process.
The application-deadline for a residency is usually 7 months before the date of commencement of a residency. Artists are encouraged to apply even if the last date of application is over. For relevant artists, places are available round the year.
All kinds of artists are invited to apply for all of the months.
- Ice Buckets & Plunges: Ringing in the Tamil Bell. 01 – 28 January
- Shiva’s Tesseract: Writing De-Myth. 01 – 28 February
- The Longest Poem: (& Colourful Equinox) by An Immortal Man. 01 – 28 March
- Buddha Jumps Over the River: Kalki in 3378 A.D. 01 – 28 April
- Messages and Songs: The Nobel-Pious Flowing Offerings. 01 – 28 May
- Artistic Yoga = Yogic Arts: Esoteric Explorations by Yoginis & Yogis. 01 – 28 June
- A River on Shoulders: Kanwar Pilgrimage. 01– 28 July
- Sanskrit & Babylon: Inspirations from Languages, Art, Culture. 01 – 28 August
- Death Enables Birth: The Drama of Earth. 01 – 28 September
- Celebrations +++: Oktoberfest: Aachman of Celestial Ganges. 01 – 28 October
- Wahe Movember!: Scribe’s Block Impressions. 01 – 28 November
- Decemberists!: Margharita, With A Straw. 01 – 28 December
For more information on Physical Residencies, please click here.
A participant may be located any where in the world. There are three virtual residency programmes that are available only virtually. There are specific themes. The duration is 14 days. A participant can apply to join for a block of any continuous 14 days across the year.
- Celestial Forest: Botanical Art. (Painting & Visual Arts)
- Travellers of the Inner Worlds: Spiritual Memoirs. (Creative Writing & Literary)
- Performing & Performance: Universal. (Music & Performing Arts)
For more information on Virtual Residencies programme, please click here.
A Special Residency has a special orientation. That could be in terms of dates, duration, targeted participants, location etc.
Presently, the following Special Residencies are available.
For more information on Special Residency programme, please click here.
Besides the above, a very flexible and open-ended residency is available.
- As Above, So Below: Spiritual, Experimental, and Performance Arts Upon Ganges / Himalayas