Spirituality & Arts / Crafts
5 Days of Yoga, Meditation, and Creativity
3rd – 7th February 2020
9:00 am – 12 Noon
Ancient Connections: Let’s meditate together upon and for life-giving rivers
GANGA & KAVERI
- The (Western) Ganga dynasty of Talakadu that ruled Karnataka from 350 CE were named after Ganga.
- Sandhyavandhana mantra, the oldest extant liturgy in world faiths, begins with a homage to Ganga and ends with Kaveri.
- When farmers in south India dig a well and if they get water, they perform “Ganga Puja”.
- Richard Hieram Sankey, a British civil engineer spent few years in Haridwar and made the painting shown above.
- Then he came to Bengaluru and made the Sankey Tank.
SPIRITUAL MATERIALS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Ganga water from Har-ki-paidi in Haridwar and from Gangotri
- Rudraksh from trees in Haridwar – ashram where Shiva came for betrothal and ashram containing memorial of Guru of Guru of Paramhans Yogananda.
- Beil leaves, lotus seeds, sandalwood of Mysuru
- Sphatik, the natural rock quartz
- Materials brought in by participants
- Writing names of ancestors with ater-colour painting using Ganga Jal
- Making bracelet and mala with Rudraksh
- Motifs with Beil leaves
- Spiritual writing
- Spiritual art
LEARN & PRACTICE
- Aum chanting
- Sun Salutations Yoga
- Guided meditation
3, 4, 5, 6 February
09:00 AM to 12 Noon
- Yoga: Aum chanting, Breath-work, Sun Salutations Yoga, Guided meditation, Visualisations.
- Spiritual arts: Making bracelet or pendant with Rudraksh, sandalwood, and Sphatik. Making water-colour with Ganga Jal – name initials, Om, and any other motif.
- Discussions: Writing brief memoirs / thoughts and sharing.
- New related topic.
- Assignment / mini-project.
OPTIONAL / ADDITIONAL
7 Feb 09:00 AM to 12 Noon Friday
- Closing Session: Meditative Walk near Sanke’s Tank
- Confluence of waters: Ganga from Haridwar and water from Participants’ homes with Sanke Tank.
- Two kinds of partners are needed.
- One should have an expertise in any of these areas – Yoga meditation, spirituality, any form of fine-arts/creativity. He//she will jointly conduct sessions with us.
- The other partner should be a resident of any gated community in Whitefield, Bengaluru. He/she should have at least a minimum appreciation and interest in any of these areas – Yoga meditation, spirituality, any form of fine-arts/creativity. He / she should coordinate venue in his/her community for the work-shop.
- A partner may organise the event at a non-commercial venue like a clubhouse / community centre of his/her community.
- Or, at an open space of his/her home.
- The event will be held on not-for-profit basis wherein partners will share in expenses and contributions.
- A partner can decide on pricing good enough to meet expenses.
- Ideally, number of participants should be around 9.
- No significant investment of cash is anticipated.
- Key materials will be provided by AZIMVTH.
- Individual attention as the number would not exceed 9.
- Participate in creative process
- Opportunity to contribute to environment-awareness
- Carry back treasured souvenirs and relivable memories
- Experience and learn an applied aspect of spirituality.
CONTRIBUTION (Per person)
1 Day (3 hours) Rs. 2500
2 Days (6 hours) Rs. 4500
3 Days (9 hours) Rs. 6000
4 Days (12 hours) Rs. 7000
5 Days (15 hours) Rs. 7500
Please complete and submit the following form to express interest to partner or participate and know more.