“Traveller or pilgrim of the inner world,
Fortunate art thou to reach our brilliant air
Flaming with thought’s supreme finality.
O aspirant to the perfect way of life,
Here find it; rest from search and live at peace.”
E-retreat: The programme “Travellers of The Inner Worlds” is a virtual residency or e-retreat programme for professional / amateur, published / unpublished writers as well for anyone who is not a ‘writer’ but is interested in writing his / her own memoirs. Participants don’t need to necessarily travel to Haridwar.
Duration: The duration of the programme is 14 days. There is no start or end date; participants can join for any continuous 14 days.
Fee: USD 900.
Grants: Two kinds of grants (Merit Grant and Need Grant) totaling to USD 255 are liberally available to each participant. Thus, after these grants, the Net Fee will be USD 645 only.
Methodology: Following are the aids to learning and training in this artist e-residency programme.
- Regression to a a participant’s past experiences to identify a ‘Spiritual Experience’
- Synthesising the ‘Happy Memory’
- Learning & practising ancient sacred mantras and chants on flora
- Sacred Sanskrit Syllables writing
- Writing a ‘Spiritual resume’ as opposed to a ‘Job resume’
- Curate / collage and build an inventory of ideas for each individual participant
- Plan an art-work for each participant, based on fusion of ancient and modern, east and west, art and spirituality
- Photographs, letters, documents – assembling of participant memory
- Similar materials of family
- Any 3 autobiographies suggested by each
Schedule. The duration of the programme is 14 continuous days.
Day 01: Onboarding and introduction
Day 02: Plan of specific writing project
10 days: Day 3 – 12
Actual writing starts the 3rd day. A participant writes about 500 words everyday for 10 continuous days. Feedback on each day’s writing is given by AZIMVTH each day. In 10 days, a rough body of five thousand words is created.
Day 13: Compilation and editing.
Day 14: Dikshant. Planning the next steps, if any.
Options of subjects A participant has 3 optional subjects from which one could be chosen
- Joining PIW (Pilgrims of the Inner Worlds) an ongoing book project at AZIMVTH Ashram
- A tribute to a person, plant, animal, idea etc
- Travelogue or any other writing
Participants become more self-aware. This fortnight becomes an occasion to pause, look back, reflect and finally, anticipate future. As a result, the spirit is re-kindled.
- Tangible progress
This e-retreat becomes an opportunity for those who have been toying with the idea of writing, to make actual progress.
If a participant joins in an ongoing project at AZIMVTH Ashram, then she / he may get her work published as part of the larger work.
More on Creative Writing
AZIMVTH are involved with a variety of projects based on creative-writing. Following weblinks contain more information.
- Pilgrims of the Inner Worlds – click here
- Let’s Write a Love-letter. To a Stranger! – click here
- AZIMVTH World-Book-Day 2019 Puzzle – click here