Themes of Artists’ Projects
The over-arching theme of programmes at AZIMVTH Ashram is to experience and experiment with the spiritual dimensions of all forms of fine arts, literature, and other creative pursuits. more information is available here.
Summary of Artists’ Projects
Summary of the projects accomplished by the artists while at residency at AZIMVTH can be viewed here.
We select only those artists whose arts have some connection to spirituality. Due to the specific nature of our residencies we are particular about the artists. During the recent one-and-half years (July 2017 to December 2018), about 125 artists from the West have approached us. Only about 20 of these have been selected by us and can be considered to have completed the residency process. Details on the backgrounds and projects of some of these individual artists can be viewed by clicking the relevant links given below.
- Madlaina Fontana (Switzerland): Meditative Carvings of the Sacred 5 Leaves
- Emily Kuchenbecker (USA): The Transparent Reflections
- William Sullivan Brown (USA): Digitally Divine
- Barbara Silverman (USA): One Torn Shroud and Five Elements
- Anna Michelis (Canada): Constellations of the Greens
- Napatt Piyawongwatthana (Thailand): Gained in Translations
- Paris Kirby (New Zealand): A String of Luxuriant Gemstones
- Nicolaj Wamberg (Denmark): Songs to Fauna of the Hills
- Cora Batley-Moss (UK): Portraits of Pilgrims
- Laleh Torabi (Germany): Story-telling in Black and White
- Sarah Gilbert (France): Prolifically Spiritual Experiments on Metal, Stone, and Wood
- Brett Goldstein (USA): Musical Collaboration With the Holy