“As when the mantra sinks in Yoga’s ear,
Its message enters stirring the blind brain
And keeps in the dim ignorant cells its sound;
The hearer understands a form of words
And, musing on the index thought it holds,
He strives to read it with the labouring mind”
03 students per class / batch
07 days: Begins every 1st 8th 14th 21st of May – September 2019
Rishikesh / Haridwar India
• New Yoga teachers with 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 hours trainings, or
• Directors of Yoga schools, or
• Degree holders in Yoga / meditation
Various international training programmes for Yoga teaching try packing a lot of physical asanas and postures in a month-long hectic schedule. There aren’t sufficient opportunities to inquire. Examples of unanswered questions –
- Why do holies wear yellow / orange (but not others, say blue) colours?
- What is special about the number (e.g. in a mala) 108?
- How can I improve my / others’ lives with Yoga?
This innovative intensive inquiry-based programme accepts only three students per class or batch. Answers for each individual are discovered interacting with – self-inquiry, peers, and guide.
Group sessions are held 3 times a day for – Surya Namaskar, Guided Mind Imagery Meditation, and AZIMVTH Tratak Sadhana.
- Consolidation of past learnings
- Build new Yoga ‘tool-kit’
- New plan for future
- “Within hours of arriving in India, I accompanied Tarun Kumar for a group audience / talk with HH Dalai Lama! Very great learning experience – mentally, physically and spiritually.” – William S. Brown, BA, School of Cinematic Arts, University of Southern California. Hollywood, USA.
- “I liked to learn the Sun Salutation, chanting, playing conch, etc. that I really learned something new. I will recommend it.”– Madlaina Fontana, Kundalini Yoga Teacher, MA in Art Teaching, Switzerland.
- “I liked the consistency – time and space for learning.” – Paris Kirby, BFA, casual lecturer at Whitecliffe College of Arts and Design, University in Auckland, New Zealand.
- “This (stay at AZIMVTH) has been a profound period of growth both artistically and spiritually. You’re incredibly knowledgeable! I’ve been travelling around the world for 6 months and this has been the highlight!” – Brett Goldstein, BA, Cognitive Science & Psychology, High Honors. University of California, Berkeley, Ex Google manager, USA.
- Vegan, gluten-free meals
- Hand-made cloth, plastic-free products used in rooms
- Avoid batteries – wrist-watches, computers, etc.
The standard fee is $ 1250. Grants up to $ 405 are available to each accepted Yogini / Yogi.
- En-suite room
- 3 meals, 2 herbal tea + snacks
- Daily small basket of fresh flowers
- Towels, bedding
- Accurate chanting of mantras
- Ayurveda doctor visit
- Astrology consultation
- Act as a teacher
- Video recordings & analysis
- Enhanced identity creation
One may express an interest to participate by sending an email (AZIMVTH at gmail dot com) asking 3 questions and mentioning the week of interest. Alternatively, one may complete and submit the online application form given below. If accepted, then an acceptance-letter will be sent to an applicant. No payment should be made before receiving an acceptance-letter.
My Yoga is the platform at AZIMVTH Ashram that caters to customised spiritual pursuits. More information is here.
The Yoga of No-Moon-Night
During 2019, 03 June is the Amavasya or No-Moon-Night. 04 June is the New Moon when the new month starts. Yoginis and Yogis, on a No-Moon-Night, can do a special meditation – Jyoti Tratak Sadhna. Although having origins in Tantric path, that has similarities with occult traditions like Kabbalah, Tratak is widely accepted as a Kriya in mainstream Yoga practice. Read more here.