‘My Ram Lila‘ is a cluster of five sister events happening concurrently in an online virtual world for eleven days — from 17 October to 27 October 2020. More related events are planned for the period ending 17 November 2020.
Ramlila, the traditional performance of the Ramayana was inscribed in 2008 (3.COM) on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity (originally proclaimed in 2005).
‘Ram Lila Stories’ is the other section. It is oriented around storifying the visuals of a set of eleven postage stamps (shown below) that depict the story of Ramayana progressively. Details on each stamp can be read here.
- 11 days – from 17 October to 27 October 2020
- Two more editions will follow. The dates for the second edition are from 27 October to 06 November 2020.
- The dates for the third edition are from 06 November to 16 November 2020.
- A participant can join for one edition of 11 days or two continuous editions of 21 days.
- 2 hours each day – from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm IST (4:30 am to 6:30 am CDT or 11:30 am to 1:30 pm BST)
Ramlilas are performed at about a dozen places in Haridwar for eleven nights. The actors are common folk in ordinary occupations during the daytime but are transformed in to divine beings at nights.
With over three decades of experience in theatre, Rashmi founded Open Ground in 2012. A group that uses various art forms to bring about social change. She is also an experiential educator who uses storytelling and theatre activities to connect with and educate people about things of cultural importance and social issues. As an internationally trained communication expert and NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) practitioner she builds on her expertise in this area with theatre to make her story sessions special and engaging. Rashmi spends her time between Auroville and her organic farm in Bengaluru.
- The fee for eleven days is USD 708.
- The fee for 21 days is USD 1416.
Each participant will receive an e-certificate; an example is shown below.
To register your interest of participation, please complete and submit the following form. If a place is available then you will be made an offer.