‘My Ram Lila‘ is a cluster of five sister events happening concurrently in an online virtual world for eleven days — from 17 October to 27 October 2020. More related events are planned for the period ending 17 November 2020.
‘Yoga of Ramayana’ is the other section. It is oriented around Yoga postures related to the visuals of a set of eleven postage stamps (shown below) that depict the story of Ramayana progressively. Details on each stamp can be read here.
Corresponding to each of these visuals, the work-shop teaches a specific Yoga postures each day. Examples are shown below. Participants are given assignments each day. These consist of variations and interim steps of the respective Asanas or postures.
The meditation, chanting, and a story from Ramayana each day awakens a devotional attitude amongst the participants who then progress with Yoga making it an esoteric practice rather than a mere physical endeavour of a gymnasium.
Yoga can be considered at three levels — perspiritual Yoga (emphasis on physical exercise of perspiration), spiritual Yoga, and ritual Yoga. Read more here.
Primary research is conducted at AZIMVTH on applied aspects of spirituality, Yoga, and meditation with Haridwar being the birth-place of meditation. Participants benefit from it.
DATES & TIME
- 11 days – from 17 October to 27 October 2020
- Two more editions will follow. The dates for the second edition are from 27 October to 06 November 2020.
- The dates for the third edition are from 06 November to 16 November 2020.
- A participant can join for one edition of 11 days or two continuous editions of 21 days.
- 1 hour each day – between 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm IST (4:30 am to 6:00 am CDT or 11:30 am to 1:00 pm BST)
Aakanksha Kumar: Aakanksha is a trained and certified Hatha and Ashtanga (Primary Series) Yoga teacher. She has immense passion for the practice and enjoys sharing what she has learned. Her classes are challenging, fun and relaxing. In her free time, Aakanksha loves petting animals, gardening, and painting. Aakanksha is accredited by and registered with Yoga Alliance for 200hr Teacher Training (2018) and 300hr Teacher Training (2019).
Tarun Kumar is supporting the programme.
- The fee for eleven days is USD 708.
- The fee for 21 days is USD 1416.
Each participant will receive an e-certificate; an example is shown below.
To register your interest of participation, please complete and submit the following form. If a place is available then you will be made an offer.
You are invited to read / study the following original articles on Yoga at the AZIMVTH website.
- The Yoga of No-Moon-Night
- Who is the Goddess of Yoga?
- Hanuman Jayanti: Anniversary of the Immortal Lord of Bhakti Yoga
- Yoga and Meditation: Courses, Practices, and Retreats
- Gita Jayanti and The Agile Vajra of Yoga
- Yoga of Ganga and Kaveri
- Online Yoga and Meditation Courses
- Guru Purnima: The Guru at Full-Moon
- In the Footsteps of Guru Nanak: 515 Years Later on Kartik Purnima 2019
- Saturdays with Haridwar: Embodied Experiences of the ‘Autobiography of a Yogi’ and Kumbh-Mela Kinds
- Tracking stones being divined in the by-lanes of Haridwar
- Searching for the lost Ashram of Madeleine Slade in Haridwar
- Chareiveti: Spiritual Walks